Tuesday, October 2, 2012

False Advertising for 2012 Topps Update?

I bought a few jumbo boxes of 2012 Topps Update and was preparing my pull predictions (more un-perfect collation thoughts coming in a new post), and realized that most major online Topps retailers, including Topps themselves, market the Jumbo box as having "10 packs of 50 cards."


However, when those packs hit the streets they usually include a disclaimer on the front like the one on the Topps 2012 Series 1 Jumbo Pack: "Packs with a relic or cut signature card contain 47, 46, 45, or 44 cards."

Since Topps guarantees that each HTA Jumbo Box will include 1 autograph and 2 relics, aren't they lying when they claim each box will contain 10 packs of 50 cards? (assuming, of course, that similar disclaimers will be printed on the Update Jumbo packs)

The online retailer I purchased my cards from stated in their product description that I would receive 10 packs of 50 cards in each of my HTA Jumbo Boxes - maybe my biggest hit will be as the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit!*

*NOTE: I have no intention of filing a class action lawsuit as I purchased the boxes in good faith that they would not actually contain 10 packs of 50 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment