Friday, July 12, 2013

Suprising 2013 Archives Bonus



The last post was about an amazing steal I found on eBay (6 jumbo packs of 2013 Topps Archives for $14), and the seller delivered in a BIG way.

I'm not sure why, but, in addition to the unopened packs, the seller stated they would included some singles as a 'bonus' to the packs. Ok, I figured some singles from the early 90's, no big deal, I'll throw them on Zistle as trade bait.

But the singles they included...omg...I don't know what this person was thinking, but I'm definitely buying from them again. The 'bonus' cards were all from  2013 Archives or Bowman and included a #/500 Adam Eaton RC and a 2013 Topps Archives Baseball Retail Chase Derek Jeter (RC-DJ).



That Jeter card is selling for ~$25 on eBay!!!

I'm not really sure what to do with the card...I feel like flipping it on COMC or maybe submitting it for grading. Grading doesn't make too much sense because the card is a tough pull to start with (1:136 retail packs) and I don't think it would add much value.

The six packs were good, too, nothing too special except for the Babe Ruth Gallery of Heroes insert. In terms of manufacturing, this is actually one of the most spectacular cards I've ever seen. The card looks and feels like a miniature stained-glass window and the 'glass' panels are transparent.


Thinking about selling it, too, but it has so much potential as a conversation starter, collection centerpiece, etc.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm no fan of any Yankees cards but that is a pretty nice looking Ruth!

    ReplyDelete