Ah, yes, Allen & Ginter, that good ol' old-timey baseball card set from Topps. Don't confuse it with the other good ol' old-timey baseball card sets from Topps, like Topps Heritage or Gypsy Queen.
No, my friends, what makes Allen & Ginter unique is all of the fluff that nobody likes. "Fluff?," you say, "My precious dollars are not wasted on this superb product, are they?" Yes, you are wasting your money.
Topps' 2013 Allen & Ginter is so full of fluff it makes a bloviating proselytizer look like he has no hot air.
The fluff in Topps 2013 Allen & Ginter comes in many different unnecessary insert sets (regular and mini size!):
- One Little Corner (all about the Solar System)
- Palaces and Strongholds (forts and homes to the world's royalty)
- Martial Mastery (10 cards)
- Civilizations of Ages Past (20 cards)
- The First Americans (15 cards, honoring Native American tribes)
- Inquiring Minds (20 cards, honoring philosophers)
- Heavy Hangs the Head (30 cards)
- Codes, Ciphers and Cryptographs (10 cards, famous codes)
- Peacemakers (10 cards)
- Famous Finds (10 cards)